These seminars do not constitute a part of your core Research Methods course. The Theories and Textual Practices are additional, complementary and entire optional seminars.
The balance of the funding will subsidise catering for the seminars
1. Your full name
2. Programme and year
3. Contact email
4. A 250-word summary of your research interests, including how your current project connects to the broad field of theory in the seminar, and the reasons why you would like to participate.
As long as you are willing to do the work that is associated with each seminar, then you are welcome to do so. However, this is also subject to the limited number of spaces we have for each seminar.
- Postcolonial and Diasporic Studies
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Marxist Criticism and the Frankfurt School
- Digital Methods and Cultures
If you are successful in your application, you will be expected to participate in a constructive way that will hopefully open up further debates during the session, and in a way that will feed into your continued engagement with critical theory in relation to your own research. You will also be given a few assigned readings in preparation for each seminar, and organised into small groups for presentations during the course of the day.